04 September 2008

Grrr: Migraines

So I had to do some Internet research because I've been having these terrible headaches. I found out they are migraines, and basically, there's nothing I can do about it.

If it isn't bad enough to be a woman and have to go through a period each month, it's also more likely to cause migraines. Not only do we have all the bloating, cramping, bleeding to deal with, it can also cause our heads to be in a vice grip. What the hell.

Other possible triggers include smoking and drinking.

This is bullshit. I mean, my two favorite vices probably add to my piercing pain on the left side of my head behind my eye. Or it could be just being a woman for god sake, having to deal with everything that comes along with it. Maybe it's when I do them at the same time. Or maybe it's just a fluke.

I've had the migraine I have now for more than 36 hours. I guess they can last up to 72 hours (um, three fucking days - He-sus).

The worst part about it is I went to bed around 8:fucking30 to try to be rid of it, and yet it remains. Even 10 hours of sleep will not kill this migraine, and now I don't know what to do.

Pills really don't work, even the special kind with caffine and two types of pain killers. Nothing seems to work, and I wonder if it's time to see a doctor. I never really had them before, but maybe in the last year or so they have become more prevalent. Just during the past two weeks I've had two.

B.S. I say.

I haven't had a cigarette in a while. This has not helped my situation, but I know having one will hurt it. I can't even phathom smoking one right now, although I am thinking about it. Damnit. Maybe I should quit.

I wonder when this will go away. Seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get your doctor to prescribe you Imitrex. When you get the eye-stabbing pain of a migraine, the Imitrex will take care of it in about an hour. Take the pill, lie down in a dark room, put an ice pack on the affected side of your head, and do your best to go to sleep. You'll wake up an hour later headache free.

I've had migraines all my life, and they got worse after a car accident 11 years ago. Imitrex usually does the trick.

Good luck.