26 August 2008

Ruined for Life ... Kosher or Bust (Caution: May Ruin Hot Dogs Forever)

I don't think I really need to say anything else (see graphic below). I knew Hot Dogs were made out of less-than-desireable parts, but now I know the truth. The frickin windpipe even. Bleh. Yea, Kosher hot dogs only for me, unless it's a hamburger or hot dog situation. I will still pick the hot dog every time (I've been ruined by The Jungle and by CAFO stories, plus I hate ground beef with a passion unless I know it is grass fed, free range, organic shit).

Excerpt:

"Hot dogs typically contain muscle meat trimmings from pork or beef. Contrary to legend, they do not contain animal eyeballs, hooves or genitals, according to the Hot Dog Council’s Janet Riley. But the government does allow them to contain pig snouts and stomachs, cow lips and livers, goat gullets and lamb spleens. If they have these byproducts, the label should spell out which ones, a U.S. Department of Agriculture spokeswoman said."


Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26410986/

No comments: