23 September 2008

My Weekend in Pictures

One of my most favorite friends came to visit this past weekend. We had a blast, and of course ended up getting out in nature. We even did a nice hike near Multnomah Falls. Here's a few of my favorite pictures from our adventures.

The Japanese Garden

There were huge Koi swimming in the ponds. It was very difficult to capture the fish with my slow digital camera. This picture turned out pretty nice, though.






I was glad when I saw that my camera actually picked up the pattern in the sand. I wish the middle areas had grass, but it is still a beautiful scene.


The Rose Garden

This is by far my favorite picture. I just have a simple digital camera, but it did an amazing job at capturing the roses up close. Even the dew looks great.






I thought this rose looked like candy. The colors remind me of salt water taffy. The International Rose Test Garden is so beautiful when in bloom. I forgot how big it was.




Wahkeena and Multnomah Falls Hike

This is the bottom of Wahkeena Falls. Apparently Wahkeena is an American Indian word for Most Beautiful. It certainly was a gorgeous site during our hike in the Columbia River Gorge area.

This is, of course, Multnomah Falls -- the highest falls in Oregon. Luckily, my friend didn't want to hike all the way to the top, which is the worst hike I have ever done. The hike to this bridge isn't so bad, though.

No comments: