26 September 2008

Rant No. 3: Living with Boys

I could go on and on and on about my frustrations with boys, but this blog will be about living with them.

I live with a just-over 30 gay man. I thought that this would mean I was out of boy territory. Logic would say that this man would have his shit together and contribute accordingly. Wrong.

I've known him for quite a while. He's always lived with super-nasty boys, and I just thought that those super-dirty boys trashed the house just as fast as he could clean it. Wrong again.

Fuck. He's as lazy as a bear during hibernation. Although when prompted he cleans the house, and is always good to do the dishes on one of his two days off (which leaves 6 days for me), he doesn't take the initiative. All he does is sit all home all day on his days off, you would think that doing dishes wouldn't be so difficult. It usually only happens on one of the days though, which to me is ridiculous.

The garbage and recycling is what pisses me off most. I think he's taken the garbage out maybe 3-5 times since we moved in March. I try to leave it in there as long as I can to see if he will take it out on his day off, but alas. How fucking hard is it to grab the trash, walk it down the driveway during a cigarette break, and then put a new trash bag in? It's not! I do it all the time and I don't even take cigarette breaks any more. Oh, and he's never taken the recycling out, mostly because he doesn't even believe in recycling. I can see if you don't believe in something then you don't want to do it, but He-sus! (I always pronounce this in the Spanish way, hence the semi-phonetic spelling.) It's just a little more difficult than taking out the garbage. I guess at least he throws his recyclables into the bin.

Other things he doesn't believe in? Conserving water. He will let the water run and run and run for no apparent reason at all. It's just laziness of turning the nob off and then back on again I guess. He even said to me, when I asked him why he left the water running, "why not since we don't pay for it." Ugh! I wanted to fucking punch him in the face after saying that.

He also takes things out of the refrigerator, does his business with them, all while leaving the refrigerator door wide open. There's no reason for this, except to let all the cool air escape and piss me off. It's not just a couple of seconds. I've seen this go on for a good minute. Ridiculous.

He does contribute more than any other boy roommate I've had. But those boys had an excuse -- they were 20-something college students. Of course they will be lazy and make me clean the house and wash all their dishes every fucking time (all while saying "I was going to do those" as I'm staring at two overflowing sinks full of nasty, weeks-old dishes).

Ugh!

Aahhhhh. I feel better. Now I think I won't have to go fucking crazy on his ass because I've gotten my frustrations out in some way. Let's hope this feeling holds.

No comments: