27 October 2008

Hmm

Okay, it's officially been more than a month since my last post. School certainly has put a damper on my posting, plus work has picked up. Those are good problems, for sure, but I feel like I have neglected my blogging duties here at Jezebel's Rant.

I guess it's because there hasn't been much to rant about. I could go into the state of the world, the upcoming election, why Paris Hilton is no longer in the news, but those are very daunting tasks (aside from the PH situation, which I really don't care about at all).

I had a guy come up right behind me yesterday when I was ordering food, almost breathing down my neck, all up in my business, and start to hit on me. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but he was creepy. He asked me where my boyfriend was, to which I replied, "at home watching football." Yea, then he said, "You look like you are single" after giving me the once-over with his eyes.

I wonder what that meant. How does someone "look" single, and how do I look extra single to the hotties out there? Is there a way to look single for the good ones and taken for the not-so-good ones? I should have asked him what he meant, but I wanted nothing to do with him and didn't want to continue the conversation more than what was necessary.

I guess I must exude singleness. It's spewing out of me like a crazy form of pheromone, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I've been single for a super long time, and after that long of a time it must start to show. I must carry myself differently than I did when I was taken ... which was at least four years ago, if not more. After that amount of time, no wonder I look single. I've been single for almost five years.

I had a couple of guys I dated, but this lasted no longer than two weeks. I haven't really thought about this before, and it's almost sad thinking about being single for that long. The worst part is that not only have I been single, but my sex life has dwindled considerably since I graduated from college. No more good times after a night at the bar for me. Now I go to bed early and do homework on Friday nights.

I guess this is what happens as life happens. My life is pretty damn good, though, despite not having dates and boyfriends. Hopefully my time will come, and when it does it will be a welcome change of pace.

No comments: